What is this?
This live environment was created so people can easily test out Monero Testnet v7 which includes…
The following have already been done for you…
- Compiling from source
- Blockchain download via the Remote Testnet Node
- Mining testnet coins via the Public Testnet Wallet
Here’s a demo video transferring testnet coins with unimportant/low priority from the Public Testnet Wallet to a new testnet wallet with a subaddress, then looking it up on this Testnet Explorer to prove sending…
- monero-testnet-live-2.0.iso (~1.3GB | 64-bit)
- SHA256: bae5fc6c286b2e3f8ded35d5cafe8b178dd47ec4fa0b10ac06a71b81c12e7ff4
After downloading the iso file…
- Use it with your favorite live USB creator. I prefer Etcher.
- Use it with your favorite virtual machine software. I prefer VirtualBox.
- Use only for testnet. Do not use for mainnet
- The sudo password is ‘monero’
- Double-click the scripts and choose ‘Run in Terminal’
- Choose ‘Display’ instead if you want to see the commands in the script beforehand
- The Public Testnet Wallet password is ‘publictestnet’
- Please do not drain this wallet. Just transfer a few coins to your own testnet wallet.
- All progress including testnet wallets you created are lost after shutdown/reboot unless you backup
- Report CLI wallet bugs/issues here
How was this created?
- I installed Ubuntu MATE 16.04.3 LTS (Xenial) using VirtualBox
- I customized the environment and used snapshots to save/rollback my progress along the way
- When I got it the way I liked, I used Pinguy Builder to create the ISO of the running environment
If you found this “Monero Testnet Live” useful, please consider a donation. Thanks!
Monero Donation Address: